Accountant - Investment Accounting - Bristol - £400 p/day
We are currently recruiting an Accountant to join the team at a leading Bank based in Bristol. This is an initial 6 Month contract with a high chance of being extended focussed on Investment Accounting.
- Responsible for managing the month end, quarter end and year end investment reporting plans, including ownership of SLAs with suppliers and customers.
- To provide technical investment accounting input into change strategies and projects.
- Oversight of investment accounting processes and controls including oversight of services provided by external third parties.
- Technical oversight, review and sign off of investment reporting schedules prepared for statutory and regulatory purposes.
- Responsible for delivery of periodic reports to internal control/governance forums (e.g. risk, liquidity, Solvency II compliance etc).
- Deal with ad hoc queries from the Finance teams and auditors relating to investment accounting.
- Continuous improvement of processes and controls, ensuring adoption of best practice and making best use of IT solutions such as the Asset Data Warehouse.
You as the ideal candidate will require :-
- Qualified accountant or experienced manager with good technical knowledge of Investment Accounting, including knowledge of investment administration practices, investment instruments and their characteristics, investment accounting practice, financial reporting principles and unit pricing.
- Strong relationship management skills. Able to deal effectively with key contacts across all business areas, both internally and externally.
- Able to accurately estimate and plan allocated work and report progress against agreed schedules and tolerances to senior managers and stakeholders.
- Understanding of importance of risk management. Ability to manage risks effectively.
- Good communication skills, ability to influence a varied audience, and to provide clear and unambiguous presentation of the facts.
If you feel you are suitable for this role please reply with an updated version of your CV.
To find out more about Orgtel please visit www.orgtel.com
Orgtel, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales