Data Integration Lead
We are currently recruiting for a Data Integration Lead to join a leading client based in Cambridge. This will be an initial 3 month contract which will then go Permanent.
- Provide D&A solution engineering (ETL, ODS, Marts) support to S&EUIT portfolio including design, implementation and testing activities.
- Deliver cost effective, automated solutions to support D&A activities, for example data ETL workflows to support analytic platforms and tools.
- Lead and deliver robust D&A solutions to support frequently asked business questions/analytical demands.
- Innovate and test new technologies with relevance to D&A, including POCs, assessments and business case development.
- Support D&A solution evaluation and selection decisions and early-phase project estimates.
- Support solution development efforts through writing code.
- Test and quality assess new D&A solutions, to ensure they are fit for release: code assurance, Unit and System Integration Testing, data testing, release management control and support of UAT processes.
- Ensure that business data and information assets are made available as data services and artefacts for consumption by the wider AZ enterprise.
- Establish strong working relationships with S&EUIT stakeholder groups to develop an in-depth understanding of business priorities and early insight into changing needs to shape demand.
- Act as a technical lead within the Scrum team.
Candidate Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 10 years plus experience in data & analytics.
- Ideally some pharma R&D domain knowledge.
- BSc / MSc in Computer Science.
- Experience of working with a range of BI & analytics architectures: traditional warehousing, distributed computing (Hadoop), NoSQL, virtualization, data streaming etc.
- Knowledge and experience of key D&A Tools used within AZ:
- Use of enterprise version of Talend Software preferably in a cloud environment like AWS.
- Development of both standard ETL jobs deployed on Job Servers and services (REST, SOAP, Camel Routes) deployed on Talend ESB infrastructure.
- Familiar with using GitLab as a source code repository.
- Good knowledge of working with Talend project branches, merging them and publishing and deploying code to runtime environments.
- Experience with Talend Metadata Manager and Talend Data Preparation an advantage.
Amazon Web Services:
- Connecting, loading and reading data from AWS database technologies like MySQL, Aurora, AWS Redshift, AWS EMR/Hive, PostgresSQL.
- Using S3 as a source/target for ETL jobs.
- Experience and familiarity with Information Architecture models and artefacts.
- Advanced experience in ETL tools and best practices around warehouse load processes.
- Strong understanding of data warehouse concepts.
- Strong understanding in relational databases, like Redshift and Postgres. Advanced SQL writing ability.
- Experience of delivering D&A Solutions within IT projects delivered through Agile methodologies.
- Experience in delivering enterprise-level ETL pipelines, data workflows migrations and lifecycles
In addition, candidates will be expected to demonstrate the following Leadership Skills
- Business Leadership - ability to partner and collaborate across both IT and Science teams to inform on the best Information Architecture.
- Influencing and innovation skills
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Good written and verbal skills, fluent English.
To find out more about Orgtel please visit www.orgtel.com
Orgtel, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales