A role has arisen for an effective Financial Controller to join a leading Financial Services company based in London. The successful candidate will manage, provide and agree the complete suite of reporting for the Capital Management desk.
We are looking for a knowledgeable candidate, with deep analytical skills who can bring their skills and experience to the role, owning the Front Office relationship and issues for their books, performing variance analysis, producing commentary and communicating this to the Front Office clearly.
- Money Market products knowledge (understanding the products and their booking and accounting) of bonds, loans and deposits, interest rate and currency swaps, call and current accounts, nostros and any other money market related derivatives trading.
- Balance Sheet & P&L reporting and control
- Playing an active part in the group's liability management exercises (i.e. capital issuance, restructures and repurchases) and being the finance subject matter expert within the team undertaking the exercises.
- Work closely with the Capital Management desk to understand their trading strategies and risks.
- Proactively build and manage relationships facing the business and other internal clients within Finance, Risk, Operations, Internal Audit and IT.
- Contribute to strategic and continuous improvement projects as well as operational excellence initiatives to improve daily functions / processes continuously.
- Maintain and improve the control environment within the team with focus on adherence to policies, SOX requirements as well as any internal audit action points.
- May be responsible for production, analysis, explanation and reporting of the daily, weekly and monthly profit and loss
- Develop MI and KPI for management reporting purposes as well as for sharing with our internal clients - the MI may range from breaks summary to fair value hierarchy analysis. Refine these MI and KPI over time as the business evolves
- Strong product knowledge around share capital and related reserves, senior debt issuance, dated and undated liabilities and related hedging derivatives;
- Strong technical accounting understanding around the treatment of the products and related disclosure around capital;
- Confidence in presenting to senior colleagues
- Qualified accountant
- Ability to manage others (depending on experience, coaching & reviewing the work of others may form part of the role)
- SAP, Oracle GL, Business Objects Query Tool, MS Access and Excel
If you think you are suitable for this role please send an up-to-date CV.
To find out more about Orgtel please visit www.orgtel.com
Orgtel, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales