The Lease Accountant will be based with an international investment bank in London city on an initial contract length of 6 months. Although the initial contract is for 6 months, the contract has a very high potential to go long past the initial contract on offer. This opportunity has a competitive daily rate on offer.
New accounting guidance pertaining to leases is effective for the bank by the end of 2018. The definition of a lease under the new guidance is broad and extends beyond simply property leases. The bank are looking for someone to come in and identify as a single point of contact in this area and establish, document and implement new processes and controls.
Applicants should have good communication skills (both written and oral), be proficient in the use of MS Office applications and have accounting skills either through a professional finance qualification or equivalent relevant experience.
The successful candidate must have a good understanding of leasing, preferably having exposure to IFRS16.
- Attend weekly status/project meetings
- Identify which property leases and service contracts potentially fall 'in scope' and are now 'leases' under the new guidance (those containing a 'lease' will require data abstraction and data validation)
- Establish, document and implement new processes and controls
- User acceptance testing and training
- System documentation and ongoing maintenance
- Work with stakeholders of all levels across the business
How to Apply
To apply for the role, you can apply directly through the site or you can reach me on the contact details below. Ideally we aim to provide feedback within 72 hours of your application but in some instances that may not be possible.
ACCOUNTANT, FINANCE, ANALYSIS, LEASE, LEASING, IFRS16, REGULATION, REGULATORY PROJECT, FINANCIAL SERVICES, INVESTMENT BANK, LONDON, LONDON CITY
To find out more about Orgtel please visit www.orgtel.com
Orgtel, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales