Senior Credit Risk Manager
Senior Manager - Credit Risk Oversight
A new opportunity has arisen with a challenger bank based in London, who are looking for a Senior Credit Risk Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to support the Head of Credit Risk Oversight in defining standards, framework and oversight of credit risk.
Your extensive experience within Credit Risk will allow you to excel in this position. You will have a strong background within retail banking and ideally have people management skills. This opportunity will allow you to get involved in influencing key business decisions, so good judgement and having the ability to influence is required.
This is an initial 4 month contract paying between £550-700 per day, depending on experience.
- Draft high level standards for managing credit risk, ensuring roles and responsibilities are consistent with the organisations 3 Lines of Defence model.
- Review the detailed credit risk related policies created by the first line, ensuring they comply with these high level standards and all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Provide independent second line opinion on all first line proposals relating to credit risk. This includes, but is not limited to, risk appetite, proposed score cut offs, credit risk strategies, collections and recoveries strategies, impairment model overrides and impact assessments relating to changes in regulation. Provide further insight through deep dive Credit Risk thematic reviews.
Essential experience / skills required
- Broad industry experience covering a variety of products and services, coupled with proven experience working in a credit risk function (Secured/Unsecured/Commercial Credit Risk Portfolio Management, Capital + Impairment etc).
- Experience of credit risk policy (writing policy - oversight policy, policy frameworks)
- Sound understanding of the methods and approaches used to manage credit risk
- Advanced commercial awareness, with an ability to apply global perspective and use diverse views and information to reach optimal solutions.
How to Apply
To apply for the role, you can apply directly through the site or you can reach me on the contact details below. Ideally we aim to provide feedback within 48 hours of your application but in some instances that may not be possible.
CREDIT RISK, RISK MANAGEMENT, CREDIT RISK MANAGER, CREDIT RISK POLICY, RISK FRAMEWORKS, STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT, PEOPLE MANAGEMENT, LONDON, LONDON CITY, BANKING, FINANCIAL SERVICES
To find out more about Orgtel please visit www.orgtel.com
Orgtel, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales